There’s an overwhelming amount of website hosting services options out there. Shared, VPS, dedicated cloud, and WordPress hosting to name a few. Differences between the 5 can make it quite challenging to choose the best one for your business. Web hosting can differ based on its features and of course, its pricing. Overall, each web hosting option has its own advantages and disadvantages for both large-scale businesses and small businesses. In the end, the right web hosting will determine how successful your website will be.
Selecting a Server
Not all servers are the same. It’s essential to choose the server that’s right for your business based on your budget and expectations.
The five main types of web hosting servers are:
- Shared hosting
- Virtual Private Server
- Dedicated hosting
- Cloud hosting
- WordPress hosting
The server you choose will impact the security, performance and management level of your website. It’s important to choose a server based on how much traffic you have, or expect to have. The resources you will need, the services you will need and the type of website you (will) have.
The Power of your Website Hosting Services
Your selected web host will store all the files uploaded to your site onto its server and make them available for your customer’s browsers. Choosing the right Web Host will determine how frequently you pay your host, the price options offered by your host, monthly data transfers, and storage.
- Shared hosting is best for those with a limited budget and smaller expected traffic.
- VPS hosting is similar to shared hosting, but is slightly more expensive and can handle more traffic to your site.
- Dedicated hosting is more expensive, but suited best for those who expect high traffic and require a high quantity of server resources.
- Cloud server platforms are similar to dedicated servers though this option is for businesses expecting traffic of well over a thousand to a million views, and tend to be quite pricey, but with heaps of benefits and services.
- WordPress server, which is a free, open source blogging and site building platform. There are several options when using WordPress, from the free functional website, to a paid optimal server. With the paid plan, there is a lot less the website owner will need to manage, WordPress will take over handling plug-ins, updates and content management system (CMS).
Fast reliable hosting available here with HosterFi!